Melissa is a dynamic entrepreneur who has knowledge and experience in several markets. With her experience as a marketing professional, a self-published author and leader for women, Melissa offers her expertise in the areas mentioned below.
Topics for discussion include:
- Melissa’s Journey through Entrepreneurship; Her Story, Inspiration and Advice for Following your Passions
- The She Shift – How the World is Shifting for Women in Business and Inspirational Advice from 25 Female Leaders
- Guide to Entrepreneurship and Marketing your Business – Steps to Succeed in Owning your Own Company
- Women Leadership and Workplace Wellness – The Future of How Wellness and Leadership Coincide and a Guide to Becoming a Great Female Leader
- From Aspiring Author to Published Author: Writing, Self-Publishing and Marketing a Book
Melissa has had the opportunity to be interviewed via several podcasts, blogs and publications. Melissa has most recently presented to the International Association of Women and Savvy Professional Woman organizations.
Melissa has had the pleasure of speaking with college students, mentoring young female leaders and speaking at a women’s retreat.
Some of Melissa’s accomplishments include
- Named a “Woman of Distinction,” by “Women of Distinction” magazine
- Named “Ms. New York, Woman of Achievement” for 2016, by the Woman of Achievement organization
- Named one of the, “100 Empowering Women,” by her college sorority, in honor of their centennial year
- Listed as a “social media influencer,” by Collectively marketing agency
- Featured on the front page of Times Union publication in the “Thrive Section,” as well as “Platform Magazine”
- Wrote and published a children’s book, “Little Lucky Ladybug.” The book was listed on PACER’s, a national anti-bullying website
- Created a TV show , called “Empowering Entrepreneurs,” highlighting women
- Contributed to three books – links below
- So You Want to Publish Your Own Book & E-Book: A Step-by-Step Guide to Fun & Profitable Publishing, contributor
- The Second My Life Changed Forever (Unforgettable Faces & Stories) (Volume 6), contributor
- So You Want to Write a Children’s Book: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing and Publishing for Kids, contributor
- Created a podcast to promote, empower and inspire women
- Releasing a book regarding women in business in 2018
- Partnering with organizations such as:
- International Association of Women (IAW) to teach a webinar
- Global Women for Well-Being (GW4W)
- Innovate 518, initiative to assist start-ups
- St. Paul’s Center Homeless Shelter for Women and Children Board Member
- Team in Training, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Animal Protective Foundation Gala Committee
- American Cancer Society Hope Club
- Coordinated school fundraiser to raise money for scholarship
- Donated her children’s book to a children’s hospital
- Girls on the Run Mentor
Melissa would be honored to speak to your company or organization. Please contact Melissa to schedule her to speak at your next event or for your next webinar. Thank you.
-Melissa presented for Sigma Delta Tau during our online Empowered Alumnae Speakers Series. She spoke on the topic of wellness and women’s leadership and how the two are intertwined. The webinar provided valuable information regarding the topic and Melissa did a fantastic job relating the content back to the audience. I’m so glad we were able to provide this kind of relevant information to our vast alumnae base!
-Thank you so very much for sharing your time, energy, experience and suggestions/tips about being an entrepreneur. I knew that I just had to listen in and soak up the wealth of knowledge that you shared. You have truly inspired me and I’m excited to continue building upon the things that I love into a business.
– I’ll be sharing some of your positive energy and tips with my friends and others who need direction. You have such a gift and I was thrilled to be at Wiawaka to hear you. Keep smiling, it’s contagious!